Snorkeling and Diving in Marathon
Guests come from all over the world to visit our #1 rated reefs in Marathon. These underwater wildernesses offer a great variety of coral formations, fish life and invertebrates. In addition to the reefs are modern and historical shipwrecks to explore.
* Adelaide Baker - This historic shipwreck features a pair of huge stacks in only 25 feet of water, a vivid reminder of the days when steamships plied the Florida Keys.
* Sombrero Reef - This traditional favorite of the Marathon dive portfolio is marked by a 140-foot lighted tower. Coral canyons and archways provide refuge for schools of grunt and snapper while solitary barracuda appear to stand sentinel.
* Coffin's Patch - This is not a single reef but a conglomerate of six distinct patch reefs, each with a unique identity defined by a predominant coral species. For example, at Pillar Coral Patch dozens of intact pillar coral heads thrust their fuzzy polyps to snare passing nutrients. Snorkelers will especially appreciate the shallow elkhorn forests found throughout Coffin's Patch in less than 20 feet of water.
* Delta Shoals - Here a vast network of coral canyons fan seaward from a sandy shoal, offering wonderful opportunities for both diving and snorkeling amid elkhorn, brain, and star coral heads.
* The Thunderbolt - This 188-foot ship is the queen of the Marathon wreck fleet. Sunk intentionally as a dive attraction on March 3, 1986, she now sits perfectly upright in 115 feet of water. Her superstructure is coated with colorful sponge, coral, and hydroid, providing refuge and sustenance to large angelfish, jacks, and a variety of deep-water pelagic
A1 STARFISH SNORKELING
Phone: 305-481-0407 *
Come snorkel the #1 rated, 30-acre coral reef, at Sombrero Lighthouse in the Florida Keys! Our luxurious 34' x 20' twin hull catamaran is fully shaded & cushioned with private head & fresh water rinse-off. Gear and instruction included.
ABYSS DIVE CENTER
Phone: (305) 289-0614 *
The best activities in Watersports! Marathon Snorkel Charters, Marathon Dolphin & Sunset Sail Tours for any vacationer in the Florida Keys! Visit "Must See Sites" like the 3rd largest barrier reef in the world aboard our comfortable, Power Catamaran.
DIVE DUCK KEY
CAPTAIN HOOK'S MARINA & DIVE CENTER
Phone: 305-743-2444 * Toll Free: 800-CPT-HOOK * Fax: 305-289-1374
Snorkel Marathon's beautiful reefs & marine sanctuaries. Two location snorkel trips depart at 8:30AM & 1:00PM daily. Our PADI 5-Star Dive Center & Marina has everything you need for a great time on the water. Sunset & Specialty Cruises too!
HALL'S DIVING CENTER & CAREER INSTITUTE
1994 Overseas Highway
Marathon , FL 33050
Phone: (305) 743-2400